Before the renovations.
While tearing out the closet we found a major leak! The floor had rotted through. We ended up replacing the sub-floor and our entire roof! In addition to removing one closet, we blew out the top of the second closet for more vertical storage space.
Finally after being stalled for roof and floor repairs, we have dry wall and new electrical!
Primer never looked so good to us after all that! Now I had to decide on what color I wanted for the accent wall and storage. I also decided to extend the accent wall and was hoping the tape would hold so we could paint a straight line!
We were finally ready to install the flooring. We were ready to be finished and installed it in one night!
Custom designed and built shelving for my storage unit, I love cubbies! Very happy we decided to blow out the top of the second closet. Almost double the storage space!
Organizing my prop storage and office desk.
And of course lets not forget: we have the other side of the room too! Only needed some patching and fresh paint for the shooting area.
The studio has been a labor of love and I could not be happier with how it has turned out!
A story of what we thought would be an "easy" renovation to build the studio!